Tordrillo Mountains Alaska
Located just 75 miles west of Anchorage, the Tordillo Mountains form part of the remote and largely unexplored Alaska Range. This is truly huge country dwarfing much of the terrain found in the neighboring Chugach and climaxing with Denali's (Mt McKinley's) 6,194 metre peak just 60 miles to the to the north east.
Why Heli Ski Here?
- Remote fly-in lodge.
- Huge alpine terrain with some of the longest heli-ski runs in Alaska.
- Heli-skiing in the shadow of Denali (6,194), North America's highest peak.
- Significantly better weather and fewer no-fly days than coastal Alaska.
- Only four heli-skiers per group.
The huge vertical relief found in the Alaska Range makes for some massive, long heli-ski runs in a truly humbling and awe-inspiring environment. Being further from the coast than the Chugach, the climate here is drier and colder and there are significantly fewer down days than experienced on the coast. The groups are small (just four skiers to a guide) and with only three groups per helicopter, the programme is slick and flexible with minimum waiting time between lifts.
Heli-skiing in the Tordrillo Mountains is most suitable to groups of strong skiers or riders with a taste for exploration.
Tordrillo Mountain Lodge is a classic Alaskan backcountry lodge that sits on the banks of the Talachulitna River. It is a warm and cozy log structure and despite its remote location, it has all the amenities of a first class Alaskan lodge including satellite wireless internet access, wood fired hot tub and sauna.
Helicopters & Safety
The modern A-Star B3 helicopter is the main machine used at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge. They are chartered from a reputable local company and all pilots have extensive mountain flying and heli skiing experience.
All guides have a great deal of Alaskan heli-skiing experience and are continually balancing safety with exciting skiing.
Please indicate the heli skiing destination you are most interested in and your preferred dates and we will respond as soon as possible.
Please note that if you are wishing to go heli skiing mid-season then you should let us know as early as possible to secure these popular periods.
In the Shadow of Denali
Huge, long heli-ski descents in the shadow of North America's highest mountain - Denali (6,194 m). Aimed at strong skiers and riders who want to explore a new Alaskan frontier.
2015 Heli-ski Rates
Saturday to Sunday
|Feb 07 - Feb 14||$12,000|
|Feb 14 - Feb 21||$12,000|
|Feb 21 - Feb 28||$12,000|
|Feb 28 - Mar 7||$12,000|
|Mar 7 - Mar 14||$12,000|
|Mar 14 - Mar 21||$12,000|
|Mar 21 - Mar 28||$12,000|
|Mar 28 - Apr 4||$12,000|
|Apr 4 - Apr 11||$12,000|
|Apr 11 - April 18||$12,000|
- Rates are in US dollars.
- Departure from your home country is on the day before your heli-ski package starts.
- One night pre heli skiing at the Millennium Anchorage Hotel.
- Return airport transfers.
- Ski plane transportation to and from Tordrillo Mountain Lodge.
- Seven nights accomodation at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge.
- All meals.
- Seven days heli-skiing including five hours of helicopter flying time per person. Minimum per person (additional charges for more hours)
- Use of outdoor recreational equipment on down days
- Use of a Mammut PULSE Barryvox avalanche transceiver
- Anything not mentioned above.
- International flights.
- Heli-skiing in excess of that included in your package.
- Powder skis (available for rent).
- Insurance. This MUST cover you specifically for heli-skiing. Please ask us for advice if you are unsure of your options or consider our customised heli-ski insurance.
|Saturday||Arrive in Anchorage. Transfer to your hotel and overnight in Anchorage.|
|Sunday||40 minute ski plane ride to Tordrillo Mountain Lodge. Heli-skiing.|
|Monday - Saturday:||Heli-skiing.|
|Sunday||Transfer to Anchorage and return home.|