The Ultimate Spring Heli-Ski Adventure
It’s the time of year when endless descents down to the beach under a golden arctic sky drift to the forefront of the imagination. With the combination of ease of access, exceptional terrain, ideal snow conditions and a real spirit of adventure; a pilgrimage to Iceland has been a fixture in our calendar for the past 10 years.
Until recently, most guests have stayed at Klaensholl Lodge, located in the heart of some of the best ski terrain on the Troll Peninsula. In 20 years of exploring heliski lodges across the globe, we have yet to find anywhere else that can boast multiple 1,200 vertical metre runs of the highest quality that lead right back to the hot tub - all within 2-3 minutes flight from the lodge.
Now, to complement the rustic charm and family history of Klaensholl, guests have the choice of opting for on-the-edge-of-the-fjord luxury. Or, for those ready for the skiing adventure of a lifetime – jump aboard the ‘Ring of Fire’ heliski tour.
A taste of luxury on the shore's of Iceland's longest fjord
Hjalteyri, is a contemporary boutique hotel in Bauhaus style that happens to boast, hanging on its walls, one of the largest private art collections in Iceland. Located in a quaint hamlet of the same name it was once a burgeoning fishing village now turned artist's hub. With the fjord lapping on the doorstep and the helicopter parked next door; it is the perfect heliski staging post to explore some of the dramatic ocean runs of the legendary ‘Gold Coast’. And, from the penthouse suite, the views of the surrounding peaks and fjord below are nothing short of spectacular.
The hotel is reserved solely for groups of 4-8 people and is perfect for those who are looking for exclusive lodging and the ultimate experience both on and off the mountain.
Price per person for 4 days: €17,600
Price per person for 6 days: €25,740
Included in the price
- Four or six days’ heliskiing.
- Exclusive use of a private helicopter including an unlimited amount of skiing.
- Access to the best heliski terrain with Iceland’s most experienced, internationally certified guides.
- Four or six nights’ accommodation at Hjalteyri Boutique Hotel with single or double occupancy.
- All meals, drinks (including wine, beer, spirits) and snacks prepared by your private chef.
- Safety training, use of avalanche transceiver, avalanche airbag and all related safety gear.
- Airport transfers.
- Transport in 4x4 vehicles.
- Use of skis and poles from Völkl, Movement and Black Diamond.
- Non-skiing activities such as ski touring, whale watching, sea angling, geothermal baths, farm visits, hot springs, climbing, cultural tours.
Seats are booking fast for the 2023 season so get in touch if you are looking to get away. Contact us.
The 'Ring of Fire' Tour
This is unquestionably the ultimate Icelandic heliski adventure - flying and skiing around this desolate volcanic island with two private guides, a couple of ski companions, the exclusive use of an A-star helicopter and endless descents waiting for their first tracks. The only question on your mind – where to land next? So is the nature of the ‘Ring of Fire’ tour. This tailor-made trip is all about combining riding – skiing or snowboarding – with exploration. Discover the extraordinary natural beauty: the remote nooks and crannies, volcanoes, islands, glaciers and hot springs of this unique North Atlantic Island.