British Columbia's Himalayas
Terra Nostra Guest Ranch is a private heli-hideaway situated on the Chilcotin plateau in an area still largely unexplored on skis. With the giant 4,019 metre Mt Waddington (British Columbia’s highest peak) only 60 km away the area is dominated by huge glaciers and the massive vertical relief is truly Himalayan in scale. Dominated by alpine terrain but with enough tree skiing to fall back on in poor weather, there is terrain to suit all conditions. Being stategically located on the lee side of the coast mountains, the area experiences a perfect combination of plenty of good weather for heliskiing combined with dry powder snow.
One Private Group
The polar opposite of the bigger, more commercial heliski operations in Canada, this classic log lodge is set aside for one single groups of eight skiers per week and offers real value for money for such an exclusive experience. The single group completely eliminates waiting time between runs and ensures you can ski entirely at your own pace and on the terrain that you want to ski.
Price Guide (per person based on a full group of 8)
5 days from CA $13,010 + 5% tax
7 days from CA $17,280 + 5% tax
- 5 or 7 days’ heliskiing in a private helicopter including 7.5 or 10.5-hours’ flying time (early season includes unlimited skiing).
- Accommodation at Terra Nostra Guest Ranch in double rooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- All meals & snacks.
- Return flights from Vancouver to Anahim Lake.
- All safety equipment including Snowpulse Airbag.
- Heliski guides certified by the ACMG / IFMGA
- Powder skis and poles
- Ground transport to and from Terra Nostra Guest Ranch.
If you have any strength left on your legs after skiing, the ranch is home to 25 horses and with wilderness stretching as far as the eye can see the opportunities for exploring are limitless. The Clearwater lake is solid ice for most of the winter so there is also ice skating and ice fishing on the doorstep. Cross country skiing and snowshoeing are also on offer.